Preparation of Orchid seed
Orchid seeds for sterile sowing must be prepared as follows:
- Please let the seeds fall out of the ripe
seed capsules into a clean and dense bag
which needs to remain in an opened state to allow the seeds to dry.
The seed material may not contain enclosing or blossom residues or other impurities.
Dirty seed must be cleaned
extensively afterwards, nevertheless in most cases
seed material will be contaminated with fungi or bacteria !
- Please, close the bags in such a way
that the seeds cannot fall out. (For additional
secure, safety the last fold with a tape!)
- Finally you must label the bag carefully.
For correct identification of the seed material, write the following information on
the bag or on an enclosed piece of paper:
1. Name of the orchid (genus and species)
2. Pollination date with the information whether it is a autogamy
or a pollination with another orchid
3. Harvest date
I refuse to sow orchid seed without knowledge of the correct name of the orchid!
Finally, please send in a pudded envelope
- the seed and the "enclosure note"
as well as
- the written order
without delay (fresh seed germinate better than old once) to my laboratory.
to producing of seeds
back to start-page